avi to vcd

salem186

i have succesfully converted from avi to vcd using all video converter but the disk loads but does not play on my dvd, the dvd player says it plays vcd? help

Welcome to the Forum :D

Why not introduce yourself http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

& tell your fellow members about yourself.

Please read the rules

And please use the search button http://www.dvdrbase.com/search.php?

Your problem may have cropped up before.

Finally a tip re viewing the Forums

When you are in a particular forum if you cant see what you want use
the display options box at the bottom of the page to view more threads.

:D

U say your DVD player (I presume U mean a standalone) "says" it plays VCD's
Does it? (it may play commercial VCD's but not self burned)<> Have u tried a vcd fom another source that Definitely plays in another player in yours.
Does the vcd u made play (as a VCD) on your PC?
Would also help (if the above is not the reason) how u exactly encoded the AVI & what folders & files are on the burnt VCD:confused:

salem186

my standalone dvd says it plays vcd but i dont have or no where to find a shop vcd too try it out, it plays fine on my pc, and i used all video converter to encode the film to avi. i just dont wanna waste a dvd-5 if i can fit it on to a vcd coz the quality is fine thanx for your response................ :p

It can sometimes be as simple as what type of media you are using. I had a Samsung dvd player that was "supposed" to play vcd`s and it played sod all untill I discovered it liked Princo dye :)
What discs have you tried ?

salem186

thanx all. iwill go now and learn until my brain can take it no more and then i will come back and ask some more dumb questions

Good for you. When I first started making divx (before u could copy and burn dvds) I found and read every tutorial I could get my hands on til I knew what the hell I was doing.

Blane said:
Good for you. When I first started making divx (before u could copy and burn dvds) I found and read every tutorial I could get my hands on til I knew what the hell I was doing.
So did\do I.
(and I still dont know what the hell I`m doing)
:D

salem186 said:
thanx all. iwill go now and learn until my brain can take it no more and then i will come back and ask some more dumb questions
Try search too,
For example cm tutorial for converting avi to svcd is the best of the best..
I converted tons of divx and xvids and all were fine..
All those cheap convertors doesent make totally compliant files..
Dvd2svcd with cce as encoder is the way to go :)
Also check at divxdigest if your player is compatible with vcd??
dvdrhelp.com-they got players listed there too :)