AvastPro4 & Incredimail

Hi Folks:)

Got a question 4 U all

I used 2 use NAV2002, but after gettin some advice from the fine folks here, i changed 2 Avast Pro 4 AV soft

It works ok with Outlook Express, but i like 2 use Incredimail & can't get the mail scanner 2 check the mail

I tried what it said in the help file(ie changin the pop3 & smtp servers 2 the local machine & edited the logon as per the instructions, but no luck it just doesn't connect

So i was wonderin if any others had managed 2 get it 2 work(the good thing about NAV2002 was that it checked all the mail prog i tried)

Also is it possible 2 get the script blocker in Avast 2 work with Opera.Do i just have 2 change the browser identification 2 either IE or Mozilla 2 get it 2 work

BTW this is the link i used 2 check the mail scanner was workin ok in OE, just follow the instructions & it will send U some mail that will hopefully trigger Ur AV prog

www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

Appreciate any advice or help given

Cheers

BaNzI:D

PS That Avast is a good prog i like it, cheers scarecrow:)4 pointin me in the right direction

No, it doesn't work with either, and the Avast team are working on it. In fact the mail scanner works only with Outlook/Outlook Express and Mozilla mail, and the script blocker with IE (alone- NOT with frontends like myIE or Net Captor), and Mozzy alone- not clones like Firebird or Kmeleon.
The reason is that the avast scanners are designed to work at core level, and as such they are safe, extremely fast but dumb.
I hope they will fix it.
As for the lack of support for Opera- personally i wouldn't care less...

Cheers 4 the reply Bud:)

At first i tried the home version of Avast, but had a prob with the resident scanner not stayin on, kept disabling itself each time the prog was closed & also the slider 4 the r/s just didn't want 2 move?

I really like the prog & ended up buyin the pro version cause im on broadband & need a good A/V, already usin Kerio(damn fine & free):)

The only niggle with the pro version other than the mail prot, was the fact whenever i ran kazaalite it crashed straight away in the Kazaalite.kpp file.Had 2 disable ithe A/V 4 a few secs then just as kazaa was loadin renable it, but after the latest def u/d it has worked ok so far(only tested once)

Im ramblin lol

NAV was ok, but i know 4 cretain it let a few nasty ones through & is actually gettin a reputation 4 it.But it good news that the Avast crew are on the case, pity about the script thing though, it works ok in IE(shudder)Opera does have a habit of crashin with more than 1 window open, but i just like usin it(mind U i lost the little bit with the download stats somehow(dragged by mistake

I'll get u 2 like opera soon lol.Did try Mozilla after U posted bout the 1,4rc1, the avast script checker & mail shield didn't work with them even after runnin the mail wiz blah blah bleh lolMan i gotta stop smokin:):p

Ok ramble over(gasps of relief allround):)

That my friend is a dead parrot!!!

Cheers Again:)

Im off 4 a game of jk2 or q3, heads or tails. ahh instagib it is lol

BaNzI

Avast pro is a fine AV, probably the fastest I've tried so far. As a regged user you can find plenty of support at the Avast forums- the people there are very friendly and willing to help- and unlike other smorgassbords they have no problem to admit the shortcomings of their products.
I visit their boards quite often, being a beta tester of their LiveCD antivirus and their Linux antivirus utility. usually the mods and admins there (which also happen to be the program developers) reply after a few minutes.
I guess avast is not the best antivirus available, but since it works really well and the team there are so friendly and helpful (for example the message the program popped up over an illegal inserted serial is quite instructive... you can ask a forum admin about it! :p) they IMHO deserve real credits.

Last edited:
Cheers Bud:)

Will check out the avast forums, i think i might have the standard shield prot a bit 2 high cause opera is slowin down loadin pages

Yep it is a fast prog & so far no alerts other than the ones i tested it with

Thanks again 4 the reply:)

BaNzI:D