Audio problem

afma

Hi guys,
I've converted an DivX-file to DVD format using the tutorial "How to convert your DivX/AVI to DVD±R"

Instead of CCE I used QuEnc V 0.56, and in the Audio Tab of the AVI2DVD (for the "Audio1 Priority 1") I chose the language "Swedish".

Finally the compilation of QuEnc resulted in a folder containing a lot of files among them these two folders:
1) AUDIO_TS (empty)
AND
2) VIDEO_TS (2.8 GB)

So far so good. The burning process of these two folders on an dvd+R was also succeeded. But when I tried to see the result (both on my PC and my DVD Player) there was no sound. :mad:

I tried also with the file Encoded_Video_QuEnc_PAL and conversion of the file Encoded_audio_1.mp2 to AC3 format by using the GoldWave, ffmpegGUI, and TMPEGnc Author but without any result (same result as above i.e. no sound)

Do you know what is going on?? :confused:

By the way, I'm using Nero 6.6.1 and I chose DVD-VideoFiles option for the burning process.

Thanks for your help.

// afma

Does DVD2SVCD use QuEnc's internal audio encoder?
Why GoldWave and ffMPEGGUI? With ffMPEGGUI you can convert the avi direct to AC3. Same quality as QueEnc anyway as they both use the same AC3/A52 encoding lib.

You can then take your AC3 and m2v stream to TMPGEnc DVD Author.

afma

Audio Problem

Hi celtic_druid,
the answer is Yes. DVD2SVCD uses QuEnc's internal audio encoder because during the conversion process QuEnc performed two different runs, the first one was for the video and the second one for the audio.

I additionally used:
GoldWave for conversiion of mp2 to wave
ffMPEGGUI for conversion of wave to AC3 48KHz.

Then I used TMPGEnc DVD Author to join the Encoded_Video_QuEnc_PAL and the created AC3- audio file and to create:
AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders (but these two folders are totaly 2,8 MB, which is very odd).

Any idea??
Thanks

//afma

afma

Audio Problem

Hi,
I've read a log "MPlex_log" and found the following error message at the end of the log:

**ERROR: [???] MUX STATUS: Frame data under-runs detected!

and in another log "DVDAuthor_log" there were a lot of warnings like:

INFO: Generating VTS with the following video attributes:
INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
INFO: TV standard: pal
INFO: Aspect ratio: 4:3
INFO: Resolution: 720x576
INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps, '--'

STAT: fixing VOBU at 1MB (17/12029, 0%)
STAT: fixing VOBU at 6MB (33/12029, 0%)
STAT: fixing VOBU at 7MB (49/12029, 0%)
STAT: fixing VOBU at 8MB (65/12029, 0%)
STAT: fixing VOBU at 11MB (81/12029, 0%)
WARN: audio sector out of range: -8283 (vobu #92, pts 4113419)

WARN: audio sector out of range: -8515 (vobu #93, pts 4156619)

I thinks there must be som synch problems here!! :confused:

Is there anyone who can help me? :eek:

thanks in advance.

// afma

QuEnc as I understand it encodes the audio and video at the same time out putting an a single mpg stream.

ffMPEG can handle mp2 input you know? Can also handle AVI input which is what I was suggesting. You leave out the lossy mp2 stage that way. Everytime you re-encode something with a lossy compressor you loose quality.

Not sure what libavcodec Nic is using as the stock one has some rate control problems. Is NuEnc supported?