audio cd question

Okay, heres what I did and what I want to do. I ripped the audio off of a DVD. So now all the audio from it is in one wave file, that is 82:59 minutes. I would like to compress that so that it would fit on one cd, and I already cut off as much as I would like to.

Any suggestions on how I could do this?

Thanks for any help!

Patrick

dx

Have you tried to overburn it with 80min 700mb CDR media?!
Depending on you burner and software it is likely you can do it.
I can overburn on my Plextor to about 84min with the right media.

Most current recording software allows overburning: CDRWin, Feurio, Nero, NTI CD Maker, WinOnCD, ........

Nero CD Speed is a good proggie to safely test the overburning limit of the your drive. It also has some other benchmarking tests as well! h**p://209.15.164.79/

Don't forget that the CDR's TOC will take up a little space when you burn so you might have to shave a little depending on your overburning abilities.

:cool:

Thanks for your help guys but, I tried Nero CD Speed and I got an error message so I tried the simulated overburn part in feurio and it said that my burner does not support overburning and will probably fail when tried.

So I ask if anybody else had any suggestions.

Thanks again.

Patrick

dx

Unless you want to compress it with mp3 (CBR 320 kBits/s is CD quality) or a lossless compression like Monkey's Audio you are out of luck. :(

dx

pokopiko said:

WinOnCD does NOT support overburning, at least officially...but it can be enabled by a registry tweak.
Yes, this is of course correct...but I did not want to jump the gun, until I found out what proggies he uses or if his hardware even supported.

But good info 'nertheless. :cool:

im completely unsure why you would want to do this, but.....

try resaving the track as mono. that will give you more space.

or try resaving it in a lower bitrate. the lower bitrate will sort it out but lower the sound quality :)

try resaving the track as mono

NO,Dont do that,but there is nothing more then to compress a bit--you can do up to 320 and it wont be quality loss at all:)---but it will be mp3. You can try lowering your freq. on(for example42khz--which will give you 3,4 minutes more)-but you will get nonstandard audiocd,which means;Wont be quality difference(i tried it)comparing it on original,will work 99% in any pcs with average and higher quality sound cards,but will not work in all home systems,cars.........For example,my rotel played it,my friends nad cdplayer did it too,but other friend which got technics cd didnt:mad: Also its not proper way to go--i wouldnt recomend it,but if you cant overburn,and dont wanna compress(edit),its the only way.Also,most editors wont let you select 42khz--you have to find which one will....i did it with dart98---which i hate(ugly gui),but worked:) Try to make freq,as high as you can(simulate first),more chances to play everywhere.If you can make 43 khz,thats """close enough""",should play ""everywhere"""???But,if i were you i would edit-delete-- those3 min,or would compress it---much less haslle;but if you need wav,this is the only way--but notrecomended at all...........And,of course;Other people will say its a no-go,and they are wright:)

idea

You can make it go (the wav) a little faster as long as is not
recognizable by the ears - in that case and for this big file the time-winnings can be a several minutes.

To use cds from 80 min and more his burner must support overburn...He can have 99 min cd and record 8o minutes max ONLY...

how to

Wavelab(4) is the best instrument for my idea.
1. On "process" - "time strech" - on the right panel you will find direct what you need - time corrector of the loaded file - set it to 80 min (against the old 82:59) and thats all.
2. You can separate this big file with CD marks for eazy listening on the prepared audio CD.
3. And finally - burn it with Wavelab.