Audio cd backup vs. original

Anyone please help me with this one...
Why does it appear that the backed up audio cd has better quality than the original cd, which I did the back up from?

never heard such thing;
What do you mean with "better quality"? lesser clicks, lesser jumps or warmer sound and more atmosphere?

Greetings from
Duracell

I mean all ovr better sound, many people here in Norway have listened to both the copy and the original, and the copy, believe it or not has better sound quality. Could it be because the original cd is labeled on , and not burned into the disc?

Wipeout said:
Could it be because the original cd is labeled on , and not burned into the disc?
for an standalone CD player a pressed CD is quite easier to read as a burned one; a pressed CD is reflecting the read laser beam 10 times better than a burned one; also the pits and lands are longer structured; this facts gives the error correction of the CD player lesser to correcting, this should be end in a better sound;

but the human hearing is lesser a technical process than a subjective thing;

Greetings from
Duracell

One possibility, the original is in poor condition, such that an audio player resorts to error concealment.

But with a GOOD ripping drive, and software like EAC (secure modes) or CDEX (paranoia modes), it's possible that "iffy but ultimately readable" areas of the original have been recovered.

The MOST you can get out of a CD, is perfect digital reading, leading to audio performance as expected.

Any deviation from that will result progressively in:
1. Correction at C1 or C2 symbol levels (should be no loss of quality)
2. Concealment by interpolation
3. Concealment by muting
4. Audible errors - clicks, skips, stops, snatching
5. Loss of play, no play, loss of control

Unless an original is damaged/defective, you would expect a CD-R copy to perfom equally at best, and usually worse.

well it have something to do with ur burner
cuz of the laser positioning

in practice is the slower u copy a Audio CD the better Quality it will have

Well, if this happens when you playback on your burner I have no explaination. However, there is one reason this might actualy happen on a commercial CD player.

I the laser curent on the home player is too "hot", retail CDs could be sturating the laser amp.

But in general, I agree with the rest. The BEST you should get is a "perfect" copy. And I personaly don't think ANYTHING sounds better than an original.

}---:)