Aspi 4.60

After years of fiddling with various burning progs i have finaly settled for Disk Juggler as my main burning prog along with nero , so i decided to uninstall the Adaptec ASPI 4.60 (only older burning progs needed these ) because Juggler and Nero have their own ASPI .

I am running xp so i used the KillASPI that came with ForceASPI 1.7 (which i used in the first place)

After a reboot i fired up Juggler but i gave an ASPI error.
Looked on padus site for some help and they say If you get this error on XP
Just reinstall Juggler so i did .....:mad: same thing again.

Since i have reinstalled ASPI 4.60 using forceASPI and everything is fine again.

But surley XP users dont need the Adaptec ASPI layer to run JUGGLER ?!?
So why doesnt mine work without them :confused:

spider said:
You saying the 4.60 is better that padus own ASPI layer ?
No, and it isn't better than other proprietary device interfaces (e.g. asapi). But ASPI is generic, and can be used by a wide variety of applications, while PFC can only be used by Discjuggler and a few programs based on Padus SDK, and the same, more or less, applies for Asapi (EAC, Wavelab and Pinnacle software use it, and no more).
ASPI 4.7X is a must for XP/2003 users who have SCSI LVD harddisks- for anyone else the ole, good 4.6X is faster, stabler, more reliable (the extra sensecode included in ASPI 4.7X is useless/bit buggy/confusing/all of the previously mentioned/ for the average Joe). Hope this is clear...

Thanks , now i need to figure out why Juggler will no longer work without ASPI 4.6 !!
As it's not a requirement when installing it !!

Master

Gold Member
I don´t see your problem..aspi 4.60/1021 will not harm anything
I made a clean install some days ago and one of the first things that i installed was Aspi 4.60.

Last edited:
Master said:
I don´t see your problem..aspi 4.60/1021 will not harm anything
I made a clean install some days ago and one of the first things that i installed was Aspi 4.60.
Its not a problem at all , its just that juggler should work without it .

Juggler should work, unless pfc.sys didn't get properly registered @ your registry (due to some conflict with another low level device driver). No need for ASPI at all.

Hi scarecrow , its funny you mentioning that because i just found the pfc.sys in win/system32/drivers and deleted it.
Also I killed the 4.60 aspi layer.
Reinstalled Juggler and now everything is fine !! :)

I just knew i did'nt need the adaptec 4.60 aspi layer with juggler (or nero).

Merry Christmas to all !!!!