are ritek dvd-r disk much better then princo dvd-r

i am been having problems with princo media the last 15 minites of the movie is no good and just freezers.i just got some ritek dvd-r 8x are they much better quality .i have the pioneer 106d burner.

are ritek dvd-r disk much better then princo dvd-r
for me nothing else will do Ritek G04 & G05 are very good (however ther are some low grade media even with this dye) & Ritek brand are grade A <> I use printables with G05 & never had a problem

the last 15 minites of the movie is no good and just freezes
This usually a sign of crappola media <> one tip is dont burn right to the edge of the DVD <> I make mine @ 4400 MB

Not heard a single good word for Princo, ever!

The reputation of Ritek is being dragged into the gutter by the amount of bad media carrying those codes.

Of course, what you can get at a sensible price depends on where you are - the only 100% certainty is that "made in Japan" is quality (and expensive, unless on special offer).

EVERY brand is better than Princo, they would have to be the lowest quaility DVDR's ever made :( All of the 1 spindle of the Princos 1x DVD-R that I bought almost 2 years ago are dead and unreadable now. Some where failing 6 months after being burnt. Stick with the Ritek and you wont have problems.

The only Princo I ever had that didn't spit up data bits later was the 1x DVD-RWs I bought long ago. Still use them in my settop DVD recorder (it only likes 1x, and I cannot find anything but 2x or 4x now).

RITEK G05 SUCK with my 107 pioneer..... or so i thought with 15 dead out of a pack of 50 ...... much messing with software and firmware later i gave up thinking that i had a duff batch .... then lookin around town in my favourite puter store i decided to get a nice new 109 pioneer DL burner .... and what do you know its burns the same ritek g05's perfect and re reads them perfect :)

result RITEK 1 .......... 107 0 :)

the 107 is dead for burning dvds but still fine for cdrs :)