Any opinions about O&O Defrag Pro v8?

Any opinions about O&O Defrag Pro v8? I'm currently using v6.5.
Is it worth to upgrade, esp. the "layout.ini" option sounds promissing?

Greetings from
Duracell

To be honest I stopped caring for defraggers since all my partitions on windows systems became NTFS. That FS's "smart file placement" minimizes fragmentation, and a full defrag is not necessary for 99% of the systems, for a period of one year or maybe even more.
That means investing in any commercial defragger is money not well spent, unless you run some huge SQL database on a production server- there fragmentation does exist, and should be addressed.

i always use defragger which comes with windows..
Are they any good-specially one from windows hp?

When needed, I use Raxco PerfectDisk, it has the feature to defrag MFT's, MetaData, and Hibernate Files on reboot before the OS loads.

I used to use O&O Defrag but moved to PerfectDisk when O&O hosed my registry after a thru the night offline defrag :(

No probs here with PerfectDisk, the boot time defrag works great if U dont use StyleXP :)

@scarecrow, even with NTFS U still have to defrag sometimes, when i convert any video i usually have to do a quick defrag (to defrag the vobs) as the convertin app fragments them to hell & i get probs burnin in nero (buffer underrun emptyin & fillin)

BaNzI :D

BaNzI :D

im using diskeeper 10 its quick and very low on system resources....i would recommend this little baby!!!!

Duracell said:
Any opinions about O&O Defrag Pro v8? I'm currently using v6.5.
Is it worth to upgrade, esp. the "layout.ini" option sounds promissing?
Thanks guys! :) found a data sheet about my current 6.5 and it also pays attention to the Windows "layout.ini"; so i stick with v6.5 and invest the saved money in czech beer; :D