Any alternatives to WMP/Real Player etc?

glide

Hello Everyone. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I was wondering if there is an alternative to Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quick Time, etc. I'm sick of these players and would like to know what everyone is using.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glide

use real alternative codecs for both quicktime and realplaer and use windows media player classic :)

yes its media player but its a smaller cut down version with less hassles of the wmp 9 thats out now :)

dx

Real Alternative (what Viper was referring to) has Windows Media Player Classic as part of the install ;)

Read in here...
http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=41377

But WMP Classic is a great alternative for the current bloated M$ crap player. Simple east to use... lot's of plug-in's... it even plays DVD's too. ;)

mplayer would be another alternative. Plays just about everything including real stuff, quicktime and windows media. Although it requires a few extra dll's for rv9ehq, etc. No need to install them though, just place them in the its codecs directory.

Personally I have real player isntalled purely for the use of its codecs. No need to actually use it or install illegal packs like real alternative.