Amd 64 X2 or INTEL PENTIUM D

02coled

hello
what is every ones' views on the best dual core cpu at the monent. And what could i get for £200
thanks
Damian cole:)

The AMD is cheaper, and superior, both technically and performance-wise.
The only sector where Intel has the lead currently is mobile CPU's, where AMD just lags.

3 weeks ago i replaced my old intel pc (P4-1.4Ghz) with an amd64x2 3800+ , 2GB ram, i assembled them in an asus mobo A8N-SLI Premium, amazing performance! In Europe costs ~300Euros, dunno anything about US market.
One vote from me to AMD!
:)

02coled

so would a amd 64 x 2 4200/4400 be better than a pentium d 3.0ghz
thanks guys
Damian cole

Well, its cheaper ( somewhat), it has comparable performance (better for some apps, worse for somee others), and it runs smoothly, while ALL dualcore Pentium D's get extremely hot after a while (no suprise: pentium D is effectively two Prescotts "glued" together, and Prescott was (in)famous for getting damn hot while running- ironicaly enough, just like old AMD athlons...) :D

@ 02coled

Please stop deleting your threads once you've received the answer/s you're looking for.

This is an open forum and all members of the forum with similar problems can benefit from the answers you've been given.

02coled

stone_burner said:
@ 02coled

Please stop deleting your threads once you've received the answer/s you're looking for.

This is an open forum and all members of the forum with similar problems can benefit from the answers you've been given.
i know sorry mate only realised not long ago that u didnt have to delete your threads after, wont do it again sorry guys
thanks
Damian cole