Alcohol problem with avx cd/dvd-rom

40oz

Hello all, I am the board noob ;)

I installed alcohol, (cant remember the version, but it was the newest one) and I was having trouble with it and nero installed so I decided to uninstall alcohol, The virtual drive avx cd/dvd-rom (I think it is the alcohol virtual drive anyways) will not uninstall, when I uninstall it, It appears to have been uninstalled but when I reboot its there again, Nothing I do can get rid of it, Also in the control panel under add remove programs there is the alcohol program there but no option to uninstall it, so I went ahead and just deleted the folder, I donno what im doing, My cdr has not performed correctly since the install... I have nero currently installed but I still cannot burn anything. If I put a blank cd in the drive the cdr drive will still read the previous cd rom that was there, or it will say there is nothing on the disk with no space availible.. I have the optorite CW-5202, Nvidia Nforce 2 mobo (I think) Anyways, You guys are my last hope before I blow out my box and start over (Prays he doesnt have to do that) Funny thing is, this all started so I can burn all my stuff onto cd to back it up incase I ever had to blow out my system........ :(............. Now I cant back anything up until my cdr is working again..

Any advice would be greatly Appreciated.

thanx in advanced for any and all replies

Reinstall Alcohol again with the "expert" mode,so you can see what name that Alcohol uses for it's virtual SCSI drivers,for example: "xmasbus"......after installing,be shure that all virtual drives are unmounted and disabled,uninstall Alcohol again and search in your windows/system32 folder(enable "view hidden folders" in your "folder options" tab ) for a file that's named "xmasbus.sys" ,delete it and reboot......

PS:if you have a nForce 2 mobo with the Nforce ide drivers installed,it's no surprise that your burning programs are messed up......windows native busmaster drivers behave much less hostile against burning programs and atapi devices than the nForce crap,especially 3.13.....;)