8x DL DVD + or - Media?

I Have a Sony 820A DVD Writer i bought from walmart Its really i nice drive. Writes CDR(RW) and dvd(DL) + and - formats. The only problem is i can't find any dang 8 or even 4x DL Media. I don't mind ordering online cuz that whould i gotta do where do i find them?

Viper_182 said:
Well i can get 8X 4.7GB dvds no problem. The problem is i can't find Dual (Double) Layer 8X 8.5GB dvds. :(
Sorry about that I missed the DL part. The only DL worth buying are Verbatin. Just look for a sale cause then you can get them for $20 for 10 at Best Buys. :)
If you like rebates you can try newegg.
Verbatim 8.5GB 8X DVD+R DL = $25.99 ($17.99 after $8.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Good luck.:)

Not to knock the other post, but I've had too much trouble with memorex blanks - ditched them for Ritek G05's which are vastly better, and cheaper too. Since Verbatim has come down in price by quite a bit, I almost use them exclusively now - including DL blanks, every 2-3 weeks I can get them from my local bestbuy store for about 2 bux each, or a spindle of 20 for $40.

slippery said:
Not to knock the other post, but I've had too much trouble with memorex blanks - ditched them for Ritek G05's which are vastly better, and cheaper too. Since Verbatim has come down in price by quite a bit, I almost use them exclusively now - including DL blanks, every 2-3 weeks I can get them from my local bestbuy store for about 2 bux each, or a spindle of 20 for $40.
Maybe you can say what burner you cause from what I seen and read Ritek DL are good coasters.:rolleyes:

well thats just it, i don't have a best buy that close enouph to drive to for blank DL dvds. The only ones i can find at walmart which is where i got my drive. were verb. 2.4X DL. for like $12! The nerest best buy is an hour away.

Viper_182 said:
well thats just it, i don't have a best buy that close enouph to drive to for blank DL dvds. The only ones i can find at walmart which is where i got my drive. were verb. 2.4X DL. for like $12! The nerest best buy is an hour away.
When they are on sale you can get them at the BB site online for the same price.:)

PC-GUY said:
Sorry about that I missed the DL part. The only DL worth buying are Verbatin. Just look for a sale cause then you can get them for $20 for 10 at Best Buys. :)
If you like rebates you can try newegg.
Verbatim 8.5GB 8X DVD+R DL = $25.99 ($17.99 after $8.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Good luck.:)
I went ahead and bought these but I hopw they go on sale soon. I wonder why they didn't make a DVD DL RW disc?