700M cdr problems with clone-cd

Hi! When I use clone cd to attempt a copy of a cd to a 700M blank, (which is about all you can find lately), I either get a cd that skips towards the tracks at the end, or an incompatible media error and it won't write.

Any ideas?

I'm using a mitsumi CR-4801TE with the latest firmware, 2.03, which enabled support for 80min cdrs. I have no trouble copying cds by ripping each track to .wav and then burning the cd.

Thanks!

hi billy. you know, you are just about due for a new burner. that one is so old it has got to be either dirty, worn out, or both. at least those are the symptoms it is exhibiting. if the firmware wouldn't work with 700mb cdrs then it would never attempt to write. you might try cleaning it.

Hey Netman- I concur about the age of my burner, but actually, it seems to work fine with other software. For example, if I use software to write an mp3 cd, or mp3 to audio, it works fine. Or if I write a cd from extracted wave files. Data cdrs also work fine. It's only when I try to copy a 74 min original to an 80 min blank. I don't know how they get 80min on a cdr, but I imagine the sectors are slightly larger. So if you were to copy 74 min, there would be some kind of "stack up" of the data when writing to the larger sectors?

Thanks for writing, I really appreciate any help!

ps I will probably do an upgrade very soon, any suggestions on good burners very much appreciated also.