3GP driving me crazy!

Got a new Samsung MY411C phone, and going crazy trying to do (free unless there is absolutely no other way) 3GP conversion for it.

The video it makes itself, and will reload, is (as seen by Mediacoder 3GP edition):
3GP
-Container: Quicktime/MOV
-Video (1): H.263
--Bitrate 95 Kbps
--Resolution 128x96
--Frame rate 10 FPS
-Audio (0): AMR
--Bitrate 13 Kbps
--Sample rate 8000 Hz

Cocoon Software Quick media converter got close, but had the Video as (0) and the Audio as (1), and is a bit of a connect out addict and a right pain to tweak in expert, often failing to convert.

Mediacoder 3GP also seems to have no immediate option to reach the required result.

At last, just when I'd almost given up, a chance find on a listing site I've never liked much (shovel-loads of shareware & trials with a small dose of freeware thrown in)

Free 3GP Converter - Didn't expect much, as so many converters have promised much and not delivered.

Installed, nice clean interface and no bad behavior, no untoward connections. No indiction of just what flavour of 3GP it was going to make, and no option to change it (other than bitrate).

So I set the size down to 128x96, frame rate down to 10, left the bitrate at 96k, made a mistake and set the audio to 7.95k, should have left it where it was (12.2).

Encoded it, then loaded the encoded file back in, showed H263 and AMR with the right bitrate (other than my audio mistake), size & frame rate, but I've been close before.

Bluetoothed it to the MY411C, expecting the usual "unrecognized format" rejection....

The MY411C sat there and took it (Bluetooth is flaming SLOW!), fell into screenblank saver, then suddenly came alive into play.

YES!, we have a winner!

super convertor will also convert to 3gp

heres my post on a mobile forum LINK :)

just change the settings to suit screen resolution and frame rate is usually between 12 and 15fps remember longer the clips the more it may lag so tweaks have to be made to sacrifice audio to gain less lag videowise :)

anymore questions just ask :)

Im mod over at that forum too with loads of mobile guides under my belt there too :)

mostly sony ericsson stuff but theres other mobile content there too :)

Lots of things offer to do the MP4 variant of 3GP, but making a H263/AMR that worked was beyond them, With ABC, the only thing it makes in 3GP mode is H263/AMR - doesn't appear to be any way to make the other sort with it.

PS. I also joined Planet Sagem - the offical sagem forum/support site, also known as the dead zone, by 'eck it's slow, useless, can't get the glorious MPAS app to work over bluetooth and the Sagem Video encoder is also no good for this phone.

Well, this converter is now updated to 3.0, still freeware, still no bad habits (links to the products they sell, but then they have to make a living!).

3.0 now brings MP4 capability, as well as 3GP - as usual, no nonsense, but don't expect an entirely tweak free operation, some phones may need the size and/or bitrate lowered from the default, and no point using a size larger than the phone display.

Forget the garbage that spam guide submitters post, this is the real deal, it's free and it works.

Well, this converter is now updated to 3.0, still freeware, still no bad habits (links to the products they sell, but then they have to make a living!).

3.0 now brings MP4 capability, as well as 3GP - as usual, no nonsense, but don't expect an entirely tweak free operation, some phones may need the size and/or bitrate lowered from the default, and no point using a size larger than the phone display.

Forget the garbage that spam guide submitters post, this is the real deal, it's free and it works.

Glad you got it sorted :)

dont really convert much to phone apart from webvideo like youtube etc :)