24102B only recognised as 16X on new system

Hi

Just rebuilt system with new mobo, p4@3.0Ghz, etc and now in nero 6.3 my cd rewriter is recognised as 16x when i was sure it was 24x.
Has anybody come across this problem before and how do i resolve it?

Cheers

Cobbler

It's ok, i've resolved it now. It is the media I am using. It is Verbatim 48x cd-r but it is only recognised as 16x.
Is this faulty media or is there some other explanation?

Cobbler

Last edited:
Select "recorder"-->"choose recorder" -->"options" and disable the SmartBurn option... :)

Now you can burn @ full speed,but be careful,since this media is not optimally recognised by your burner.

http://www.thedolphinreview.com/VerbatimDLP48xCD-Rs/VerbatimDLP48xCD-RPage5.html

If this is a deep blue (AZO) dye, the Liteon's have never been great with AZO dye.
Pushing it faster, will probably result in drastically reduced burn quality.

Mind you, for CMC media, Liteon's tend to err the other way, and consider burning all CMC, from the adequate down to the absolutely miserable, at full speed - though they can turn in acceptable results on the better examples of a highly variable media.

Hi

I tried it and it is still no go. It says the media is only 16x, but my dvdrw which is also liteon recognises the media as 40x. the discs i am using is verbatim crystal super azo 48x. I'll just put up with 16x i think as my cdrw produces better results than my dvdrw.

Also, what is the best dvdrw to get as the liteon is good with dvdr's but not good with cdr's. I'm thinking of getting maybe a Plextor, any thoughts?

Cobbler

cobbler said:
Hi

I tried it and it is still no go. It says the media is only 16x, but my dvdrw which is also liteon recognises the media as 40x. the discs i am using is verbatim crystal super azo 48x. I'll just put up with 16x i think as my cdrw produces better results than my dvdrw.

Also, what is the best dvdrw to get as the liteon is good with dvdr's but not good with cdr's. I'm thinking of getting maybe a Plextor, any thoughts?

Cobbler
I would run away from Plextor DVD burners!!:eek: If you read around the net you will find that they are having a large amount of returns. Just do yourself a favor anything but Plextor!!!

Hi
How about NEC or Pioneer?
I read in a magazine that all DVD Media manufacturers test their media on Pioneer burners so would this make them more compatible than everyone else?

Cobbler

cobbler said:
Hi

Just got a Liteon sohw-832s and its great. I just gotta find me some dual layer media now.

Cobbler
Good luck finding them and let us know what they don't play back on.:eek: First reports are saying they only play back in that drive and in no stand alones. :( But you cant go wrong for the price and hopefully they fix that with newer firmware. Anyway good luck and let us know how you make out. :)