2 questions about the LiteOn 52246S - 52x24x52

1. Is the LiteOn 52246S - 52x24x52 supported by RecordNow Max's latest PX-Engine (b408)?

2. And any experience about the capability to copying protected AudioCDs (with EAC)?

i bought one for a friend and next week i have to set up the drive;

Greetings from
Duracell

Duracell said:
1. Is the LiteOn 52246S - 52x24x52 supported by RecordNow Max's latest PX-Engine (b408)?
2. And any experience about the capability to copying protected AudioCDs (with EAC)?

i bought one for a friend and next week i have to set up the drive;

Greetings from
Duracell
1/Yes

2/CDS 200=no...... K2A=yes........Doc.Loc.=yes....firmware 6S0F

thanks for replying RW :cool:

i downloaded R526S0F.zip already;

about CDS200: thats unfortunate :( , but the girl won't afford the money for a Plex, the Yamaha F1 is not available anymore, so i thought the LiteOn will be the best choice (btw 54€); :)

I checked the Stomp website yesterday and looked to see if RNM supports the 52X liteon and it is not listed there yet. Is there a more up-to-date download site for burner updates for RNM.

Duracell said:
==> thecampinman

the Compatibility List is out of date and not related to the lates PX Engine update;
get the latest update (PX Engine b408) there http://support.sonic.com/downloads/engine.asp

Greetings from
Duracell
tried that update, RNM stills only gives the limited burning speed options. Regardless which of the 3 possible speeds I pick, the software still locks up, lots of coasters, so I doubt if the latest engine update truly supports the LTR52246s or at least mine. Will wait for the next update and try again.

thecampinman U could try nero 5 with that drive, never had a coaster or a prob with it (unless U call tryin out neroloadsabugs 6), i got the same drive:)

BaNzI:D

thecampinman said:
tried that update, RNM stills only gives the limited burning speed options.
you are right, i just looked into "PX.dll" and "PXdrv.dll" (b408) with a Hex editor and the latest supported LiteOn is LTR-48246S; :(
What a shame for RNM! :mad:

like banzi told, i will install Nero 5.5 instead RNM;

Last edited:
Duracell said:
you are right, i just looked into "PX.dll" and "PXdrv.dll" (b408) with a Hex editor and the latest supported LiteOn is LTR-48246S; :(

Diggin up my copy of Nero 5.5 right now, it did work great with my liteon before and I will wait for at least half of the bugs in version 6 to be worked out before I put that crap (sorry software) back on the system.

I am still playing around with Roxio EZ CD 6 and so far it has not let me down and does everything it claims to without a single coaster. Roxio just might have finally got it right.

campman

Although it isn't "officially" supported,since there are only 3 burning speed options,my Litey works flawless with RNM......the only prob I encountered was when Alcohol 120% "ignore media type" was on.....using empty cdr-w's caused aborted burning tasks and an error message about not enough space on the disc.....unchecking this Alcohol option,made my drive work with RNM and rewritables....

Duracell said:

With a hex editor, you can add support for the 52246. In the Px 408 Engine update, there is support for the 48246S. That makes it easy to add the 52246S.

(I plan to do a similar mod when my 52327S arrives in a day or two.)

Doing any of this, of course, directly voids support from the vendor. You certainly know that you should save unadulterated versions of any file you modify for later replacement. So, on we go ...

In those same 2 files you examined, just change the "48" of the supported model designation to "52." This will, of course, limit your speed to 48X because actually you are simply granting 48246S support to the 52246S drive but, who cares? There's not much difference between 48X and 52X. That's all you will lose using this trick.

What you gain is full support for other drive functions and you will also be able to select speed designations all the way up to 48X in RNM. You will also then gain the ability to run verification after a burn without the RNM reporting it as a bad disc.

Going a bit further, if you are good at recognizing patterns, you will also discover how to add support for the 52X burn speed. Adding this 52X burn speed is a bit more complex compared to simply changing the model number designation from 48326X to 52326X. However, it can be done. I've been adding LiteOn drive support to RNM (and the old Prassi PrimoDVD from which RNM has been born) for over a year. It works.

I must say "thank you" to www.stompinc.com and www.sonic.com for picking up the Prassi program with continued drive support in the RecordNOW package. I was terribly afraid that Prassi would die. It lives on !

I trust the Px Engine updates will be forthcoming with more predictable regularity and that you won't have to wait very long for a Px Engine update to provide support for your drive.

--vj2k

VideoJockey2002 said:
In those same 2 files you examined, just change the "48" of the supported model designation to "52." This will, of course, limit your speed to 48X because actually you are simply granting 48246S support to the 52246S drive but, who cares? There's not much difference between 48X and 52X. That's all you will lose using this trick.
thanks for this usefully information, will try it; :)
48x is fast enough till the official device support;

Greetings from
Duracell

tried DJ once a time, much to complicate for my persona :rolleyes:, probably the same for the girl i bought the LTR :D ;
Anyhow thanks for the information CM!

Greetings from
Duracell